By Jean-Michel Rabaté
- Broadens the research of canonical texts and inventive occasions through exhibiting their cultural and international parallels
- Examines a couple of simultaneous creative, literary, and political endeavours together with these of Yeats, Pound, Joyce, Du Bois and Stravinsky
- Explores Pound's Personae subsequent to Apollinaire's Alcools and Rilke's Spanish Trilogy, Edith Wharton's The customized of the Country subsequent to Proust's Swann's Way
Read or Download 1913: The Cradle of Modernism PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
Even if he spent the majority of his existence in Oxford, Mississippi-far faraway from the highbrow facilities of modernism and the writers who created it-William Faulkner (1897-1962) proved to be one of many American novelists who so much comprehensively grasped modernism. In his fiction he established its tenets within the such a lot startling and insightful methods.
Now not desiring the entire phrases seems at Ondaatje's paintings relating to the post-Cartesian proposal of the fashionable topic as break up and alienated. Highlighting the excellence among aesthesis and common sense, Hillger lines the ways that Ondaatje responds to the continued technique of silencing artwork within the sleek age of cause.
Steven Connor, essentially the most influential critics of twentieth-century literature and tradition, has spent a lot of his profession writing and pondering Samuel Beckett. This publication offers Connor's best released paintings on Beckett along clean essays that discover how Beckett has formed significant topics in modernism and twentieth-century literature.
Walt Whitman referred to as the Orient "The prior! the previous! the previous! " yet East Asia used to be remarkably current for the USA within the 20th century. Apparitions of Asia reads American literary expressions in the course of a century of U. S. -East Asian alliances within which the some distance East is imagined as either close to and modern.
- Ethnic Modernism and the Making of US Literary Multiculturalism
- Communal Modernisms: Teaching Twentieth-Century Literature and Culture in the Twenty-First-Century Classroom
- Gender, Race, and Mourning in American Modernism
- Modernism and Race
- Literature, Commerce, and the Spectacle of Modernity, 1750–1800 (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
Additional info for 1913: The Cradle of Modernism
1913: The Cradle of Modernism by Jean-Michel Rabaté